Assunto da Mensagem: 500000
MensagemEnviado: segunda jul 14, 2014 9:31 am 
Desligado
Experiente

Registado: sexta mar 13, 2009 1:23 pm
Vá lá, despachem-se.

Imagem

Imagem

Hank, chegou ontem aos 500000. Bonito número.

"Not planned but it happen that I hit the 500,000 miles at the Southern most point in Africa at Cape Agulhas, South Africa".

Isto, escreveu o Hank em 2008 quando tinha 429000.
"the motor, is as it came from the factory, I have had to replace head gaskets, and back in Feb on a trip to Panama I had a plastic chain guide brake so I've replace then all. The valves, springs, seals, bearing etc. are original to the motor.
The trans I did replace all the bearings some time ago I'm thinking around the 200k mark. The clutch was replaced at that time since I was "there" so I'm one my second clutch.
Still have the original fuel pump. Two final drive bears, the last one when out around 300k miles. Pivot bearings at the final drive go bad around 40 or 50 miles. Hall sensors about every two or three years. I still have the original brake rotors but they will have to be replaced soon as they are getting thin. I lost count of tire years ago.
Not much much has gone bad on this bike, I'm hope it takes me to South America sometime next year...."

E ontem, escreveu mais isto.
"I just recently (at about 450) replace the clutch splines on the input of the transmission. This was my 3 clutch disc. If the splines stay lubed and your not to too hard on the clutch the splines should last a long time. I replaced one drive shaft and mostly because the u-joints where getting stiff and I was about to head for Argentina so I chose to just replace with a new one. And the final drive, I've only replaced the bearing, the large one. All the others are the original ones. Not bad given the little amount of oil the drives have and the mileage its gone. Like the wheel bearings in a car, the large bearing is a wear item the will need replacing at some point. The same for the pivot bearings. Their life is around 30 to 40 k. I just know that its time to replace and just do them like changing brake pads.
At this point I'm already thinking where to go next on this same bike. It still has a lot of life in it. I can't think of a major problem with these bikes (1100s) that would keep me from going far places."
You just have to ride the bike and not worry"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
 Perfil Enviar Mensagem Privada  

Assunto da Mensagem: Re: 500000
MensagemEnviado: segunda jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm 
Desligado
Rookie

Registado: segunda jun 23, 2014 11:24 am
São 500.000Milhas, o que dá cerca de 800.000Km.. é muita km já rodado...

Assunto da Mensagem: Re: 500000
MensagemEnviado: segunda jul 14, 2014 2:30 pm 
Desligado
Experiente

Registado: sexta mar 13, 2009 1:23 pm
Esse é o brinde...

Criar Novo Tópico Responder a este Tópico  [ 3 mensagens ] 

Os Horários são TMG [ DST ]

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores a ver este Fórum: Google [Bot] e 6 visitantes